From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Dan Cordova via Groups.Io <danny_cordov=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:01 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tektronix Neon Light replacement parts?

While I appreciate the help, this talk about strike voltage confuses me.
I'm not sure what the two neon lamps that I broke the leads are B826 and B827, listed as NE-23, are used for strike voltage?
There are several other neon lamps in different circuits on this curve tracer. I thought they were there to show that voltage and current were running through that part of the circuit.
Dan
On Thursday, January 24, 2019, 8:45:48 AM PST, Dave Wise <david_wise@phoenix.com> wrote:

I investigated this when I was exploring repairs for my HP 141T A2V1 ZZ1000 voltage reference glow tube. Illuminating an NE-2 reduced the strike time much more than the strike voltage. I tried several lamps and all did the same.

Illuminating the VR tube did neither enough to be useful. I replaced it with a TL431/zener combo, see https://groups.io/g/HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment/album?id=68333 .

Dave Wise