Re: UNC Taps

Harvey White

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 18:11:02 -0600, you wrote:

I think this one is not O.T. personally. If it helps some fellow Tekkies to not destroy their tools or scopes, that seems pretty on-topic to me. It also seems that there is a good sized group of fellows here that appreciated that information and will hopefully make good use of it.
If you ever have to build a replacement mechanical part for a scope,
this information may be useful.

I'd say also that things about 3D printing may be useful to make some
brackets, perhaps knobs, and fasteners.

Somewhere in time, the supply of used mechanical (and electrical)
parts will run out. Some can be made, some can be substituted for,
some (mostly the CRTS) cannot be.

Harvey

--Eric
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Dennis Tillman W7PF <dennis@ridesoft.com> Date: 1/19/19 5:22 PM (GMT-06:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] UNC Taps
Since you ask:
It is important that the group develop its own guidelines about what is or is not appropriate content.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Date: 1/19/19  5:46 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re:
[TekScopes] UNC Taps How can a polite discussion of how to find, and how to
safely use, the tools we need to restore our scopes be off topic?

If you don't like a topic, or find the subject of a thread uninteresting,
exercise your personal prerogative, and don't read it.

You needn't inform the group, nor ask its permission.

-Chuck Harris

Jim Ford wrote:
OK, everybody, while I've gotten a hell of an education, it's time to put
this OT thread to bed.
Thanks.
Jim F

-------- Original message --------From: Chuck Harris
<cfharris@erols.com> Date: 1/18/19  9:33 PM  (GMT-08:00) To:
TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] UNC Taps It's probably
also worth mentioning that there are taps for hand tapping, and taps
for machine tapping...  The taps you get in the typical kit are for
hand tapping only, and that means finger power, not with a drill press
and a tap-matic head.