Re: UNC Taps

Dan Cordova <danny_cordov@...>

I'm a retired machinist and have learned from this post.
Anyone can delete the email or hit the mute...

From: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
To: TekScopes <TekScopes@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] UNC Taps

Speaking as a real hack with
mechanical things, I have
learned a lot from this thread.

Not all of us are died in the
wool tool and die makers.

Thanks for the info,

73, Dick, W1KSZ

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 4:22 PM Dennis Tillman W7PF <dennis@ridesoft.com>
wrote:

Since you ask:
It is important that the group develop its own guidelines about what is or
is not appropriate content.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Date: 1/19/19  5:46 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re:
[TekScopes] UNC Taps How can a polite discussion of how to find, and how
safely use, the tools we need to restore our scopes be off topic?

If you don't like a topic, or find the subject of a thread uninteresting,
exercise your personal prerogative, and don't read it.

You needn't inform the group, nor ask its permission.

-Chuck Harris

Jim Ford wrote:
OK, everybody, while I've gotten a hell of an education, it's time to
put
this OT thread to bed.
Thanks.
Jim F

-------- Original message --------From: Chuck Harris
<cfharris@erols.com> Date: 1/18/19  9:33 PM  (GMT-08:00) To:
TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] UNC Taps It's probably
also worth mentioning that there are taps for hand tapping, and taps
for machine tapping...  The taps you get in the typical kit are for
hand tapping only, and that means finger power, not with a drill press
and a tap-matic head.

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator