Re: TDS-420A power supply repair

Brian

Hi , I checked for that sort of thing last night . I removed several of the caps and found no tell-tale liquids on the pcb and having checked them for shorts , as I had no replacements I put them back for now . Them mains fuse had blown and when I looked at the psu there was a burned track which I have repaired . As I have no Variac I have not dared to try turning it on again without a load even in case the cause of the burned track only makes more damage ,

On Friday, 18 January 2019, 17:24:56 GMT, lop pol via Groups.Io <the_infinite_penguin=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM, Brian wrote:

I have a bad psu in my TDS-420A , it burned a track on the pcb  bur I cannot
find the cause , the switching transistor os it seems . I have had it
suggested that the hybrid device is probably the fault , does anyone know what
the device consists of , or better still does anyone actually have one that
they would part with .

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
I know the TDS420 NON A  that i just repaired the power supply on every single capacitor had failed. They mostly looked fine but when you removed them there were puddles of liquid underneath them.