Re: TDS-420A power supply repair

Brendan

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM, Brian wrote:

I have a bad psu in my TDS-420A , it burned a track on the pcb bur I cannot
find the cause , the switching transistor os it seems . I have had it
suggested that the hybrid device is probably the fault , does anyone know what
the device consists of , or better still does anyone actually have one that
they would part with .

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
I know the TDS420 NON A that i just repaired the power supply on every single capacitor had failed. They mostly looked fine but when you removed them there were puddles of liquid underneath them.