 Fromyour previous posting I suspect that you still have a fault downstream from theswitching stage.

 Bestwishes

 GeorgeG6HIG

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:47 AM, David C. Partridge <@perdrix> wrote:

Thanks Harvey,

I think I have probably located the problem with the PSU not starting - one
of the leads to T30 which is part of the oscillator base drive circuit had
corroded.  A bit of current through was left of the copper soon finished it
off as the supply was running for the first minute or so.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Harvey
White
Sent: 14 January 2019 23:37
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] No start 7854 Power supply

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 21:08:36 -0000, you wrote:

Hi George, perhaps you could explain to me why the ohmmeter reads 180k when
its removed from the board, but megohms when in circuit?

It's not the only resistor I saw with this odd behaviour.
Is there any voltage across this resistor?  I've seen that really bug
ohmmeters...

And darn it why can't I buy a 180k ceramic or carbon composition 1W
resistor - Ohmite OY 2W resistors are too large and not readily available in
UK - drat it.

If you can't find one, I think I could.

Harvey

I have some value flexibility I think as the 7104 supply used a 300k part!

Dave