Re: Oscilloscope 221

The original is rated 45 volts. Does it really see 45 volts ? If not it looks like a 2N2369 would do but is only rated 15 volts. Take a look at the schematic.

Also note your original is emitter in the middle. Reminds me of an oscillator in a UHF tuner. They usually had the emitter in the middle.

If you can use the 2N2369 Digikey has them for $2.34. The BF224 is probably better but I don't see where to get any. Google comes up with total BS. Also with the BF224 the emitter is in the middle so no bending the leads around.