Re: Mod on horizontal plug-in 7B80

Gary Robert Bosworth

Thank you Håkan. I am so happy to see vital information. I wanted to know
the extent of the modifications. I do still wonder why Tektronix made the
Modification. I am happy to have extended horizontal sweep which can be
used in my 7104. Perhaps they did it as a special Mod for one particular
customer. There is only slight cost reduction in the manufacture, since the
slower sweep rates have been eliminated. If anyone knows of more "inside"
information about the rationale, please fill me in.

Gary

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 2:08 AM zenith5106 <hahi@...> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 04:17 AM, Gary Robert Bosworth wrote:

This is a tough one. I have a Tek Plug-In number 7B80. It is mod GB. I
see no
mention of this modification in the manuals.
It should be quite obvious if compared to an unmodified 7B80.
This is what the mod manual insert says:

//
7B80
MOD GB
This manual insert describes MOD GB as it applies to the Tektronix Time
Base
plug-in unit. MOD GB increases X2 the horizontal preamplifier gain to
extend
the top sweep rate to 5 ns/div and to 0.5 ns/div, magnified. Rates slower
than 10 us/div have been deleted, limiting the TIME/DIV switch to 11
positions
and the front-panel HOLDOFF control has been deleted, and internal circuits
wired to provide minimum holdoff for all ranges.
//

/Håkan

--
Gary Robert Bosworth