Re: TDS3032 does not boot. LCD backl-ight and fan working.

David Kuhn

" @Dave, when you have had the bad NVRAM installed, how did the no-boot
situation look? I.e., was it also a white screen, no beeps and no relay
clicks, or did it at least show the DPO splash screen? "

Gosh, I'm afraid I am of no help then. I looked through old message
threads I had on here from the last month and found my message concerning
the fake NVRAM from China:

""After re-assembly, it will not boot past the "Digital Phoshor
Oscilloscope" splash screen. During bootup, you do hear the hear the
relays click, the splash screen flickers a bit and the floppy drive seeks.
The splash screen never goes away. ""

My TDS3032 did get to the splash screen and locked up with the fake Chinese
i.c..

Sorry. The NVRAM is probably about the only thing you can fix on that main
board. It cost about $38.00. You have to decide if it's worth a shot. I
wonder if you removed it (lot of careful de-soldering - use a powered
de-soldering pump (i.e. Hakko 808). Maybe if you removed it it would boot
to the splash screen, then you know. If it is still totally dead, I doubt
there is much you can fix. Look for a XTAL near the microprocessor and
make sure it is good and not broken (if scope was dropped).

I will be getting mine back with calibration seals, so I will not be able
to open it to help do comparisons with you.

Dave

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:42 AM benj3867 via Groups.Io <benj3867=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

@Dave, when you have had the bad NVRAM installed, how did the no-boot
situation look? I.e., was it also a white screen, no beeps and no relay
clicks, or did it at least show the DPO splash screen?

Thanks,
Benjamin