Re: What is this soft metal, and is it toxic?

John

I have a 250g ingot of pure Indium. It was purchased during the developement phase of a 500W Band II amplifier module, to see if it could be formed into thermally-conductive washers (RF transistor flange to heatsink interface). The answer was no: despite being very soft, it was not soft enought to flow at the pressures involved in bolting down the transistors. Gram for gram it's close to silver in cost. Perhaps I should make up some solder for use on gold connections?

John