Re: Tektronix 2445 - trace doesn't go to the left edge.

Mattis Lind

Den tors 29 nov. 2018 kl 05:01 skrev Chuck Harris <cfharris@erols.com>:

Does the readout display in the proper position?
I cannot tell for sure if the readout are in the correct positions. However
if I look on images on the net for Tektronix 2445 my readout seems to be
slightly more to the left. Compare my scope:
https://i.imgur.com/mw1Vy5G.jpg

With this scope:

*http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/2445#/media/File:Tek_2445.jpg
<http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/2445#/media/File:Tek_2445.jpg>*

Commenting on what machineguy59 wrote, it may very well be a general
calibration problem, maybe I should check for some kind of general
calibration procedure?

-Chuck Harris

machineguy59 via Groups.Io wrote:
There is an adjustment on the mainboard that "centers" the horizontal
display. It may also effect the readout, moving everything as a whole.
These are usually adjusted during calibration. It concerns me that yours
seems to have drifted. That drift may indicate other problems with the
calibration of the scope.
On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎November‎ ‎28‎, ‎2018‎ ‎05‎:‎27‎:‎26‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CST,
Mattis Lind <mattislind@gmail.com> wrote:

I have this nice tektronix 2445. It works quite well, but it has one
small annoyance. The trace doesn't go to left edge, regardless of setting
of position knob.

https://i.imgur.com/mw1Vy5G.jpg

Is this something that can be corrected?

/Mattis