Re: Type 502 scope : missing air filter, what gives ?!

Jack

Chuck when 'foam' and 'good filter material though esta-foam' arrived herein the 1960's it was set upon by manufacturers of all types..my father's business was the first on the nth shore to keep it. I had to cut the wretched stuff, up to 6 inches thick . Used widely in multi-carb engine conversions, of which I did quite a few including Buick straight 8's I have never liked it for that purpose. It's still common in lawn mowers but they have a high differential pressure, CRO's don't . So I am biased against it without any CRO experience with it.......I wonder nevertheless ....have you found it to be 'good stuff' or do you prefer
other types and do you see as 'of the essence' meeting rate and volume requirements...and are such requirements stipulated for Tektronix?...or is it 'finger in the air' or temperature rise recording ..or is it regarded as insignificant..if considered at all..? Irrespective of the antiquity of the CRO what filter material would you recommend as 'best choice'..?
My regards
Jack