Re: 425 Mil vertical module needed....seeking

Fabio Trevisan

Hi Jack,

The google translations are perfect, both in Portuguese and Spanish. Only the expression "mileage" in Portuguese and in Spanish are not usually used for anything else than vehicles.
For the strict meaning of "usage", we just say "uso" (which is the exact translation of usage).

In view of the answer from Dinos (thanks Dinos for correcting my assumptions), the contact with this seller in Brazil may not yield anything fruitful, as this guy seem to be a lonely wolf (he doesn't seem to have anything else than this 455 parts... and since the parts differ from the AN/USM 425 that you have, those parts probably aren't interchangeable with yours.

But Bert already chimed in that he has a NOS 465M module... so I think you already have a good lead.

About Tektronix, vs anything else... I also have mixed feelings about it... In my first job in the 80s, most of the scopes were Philips and I loved them... and we had one Tek 465 which I was never comfortable to work with.
I found back then that arrangement of the time base knobs clumsy and awkward to use, and that the lack of an ALT delayed time base was really a big weakness... and I still think it was... I really don't know how Tek got away with selling so well the 46x line with that useless "Mix" mode, when they had earlier designs which already had the "ALT" time base.
To some extent, some of that awkwardness in using the Tek scopes have disappeared as I became used to its "User Interface", and I learnt also to appreciate that many of those features that I took for granted on the Philips scopes were actually invented and appeared first on some Tek scope many years before (which I didn't know back then).
Today I own a Tek 7623A with 3 plugins, and a jap scope, a 60MHz triple trace Kenwood scope... And I like both very much. The Kenwood is very powerful for its relatively simple design (there are no double sided PCBs!).

Wish you luck with your 465M

Rgrds,

Fabio

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 06:22 PM, Jack wrote:
Hi...and thanks for the offer towards the end of your letter Fabio...I sent
in what I presume to be the correct 'slot', {Ou pergunte ao
vendedor...Escreva uma pergunta... }

this as follows:

Hi I need a vertical Amplifier (complete module) for a Tektronix M
425....do you have a low mileage; unit? My Regards Tony,.....
goldmort@onthenet,com.au.

Hola, necesito un amplificador vertical (módulo completo) para un Tektronix
M 425 ... ¿tiene poco kilometraje? ¿unidad? Mis saludos Tony, goldmort @
onthenet, com.au

Oi eu preciso de um amplificador vertical (módulo completo) para um
Tektronix M 425 .... você tem uma baixa quilometragem; unidade? Meus
cumprimentos
Tony, goldmort @ onthenet, com.au

Hopefully the Google translations do not see him lying on the ground
laughing and crying at the same time!!

Warm Regards Fabio
Jack