Re: the blue filter slot on 244* scopes

tom jobe <tomjobe@...>

Thank you everyone, for another fine thread about a common Tektronix scope family problem!
The only thing I can think of to add to the discussion... is that a nice dab of silicon sealant / RTV will hold the 24x5 knobs back on after you break one or more of the clips inside the knobs.
The RTV does not adhere to anything too tightly so the knobs will come off easily the next time you need to remove the front. Then you can pull out the old RTV and put in another dab of RTV to remount the same clip-less knobs again.
tom jobe...

On 10/26/2018 12:09 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:
Yep! That is one of the "pro tips" for this scope... and it
does a great job... assuming that someone hasn't been there
before you, and uhmmm, "fixed" the knobs he broke.

Epoxy is the worst! Can't get that apart without breaking
the shaft adapter...

-Chuck Harris

Tom Miller wrote:
IF you do need to remove the knobs, I have found that applying some heat from a hot
air gun will allow you to pull the knobs off without breaking the internal tabs. I
use a hot air rework gun with a small nozzle and set to 100 degrees C.

Regards,
Tom