Re: 2465B leaky voltage

ppppenguin

Are you sure the scope is properly grounded? Measure it rather than assuning it's OK because another peice of kit doesn't give any trouble. Just stray capacitance can cause an ungrounded chassis to feel a bit lively and measure at half mains voltage (I'm assuming you're in a 220V/230V/240V country). However there's little current available as you'll find if you try a lamp between the scope ground and actual ground.

As far as I can see, there aren't any "Y" capacitors between live or neutral and ground. But C1020 and C1051, both 2200p, are from ground to parts of the power supply that are ahead of the main isolating transformer.