Re: My 2465B has arrived + A5 Board leaky caps cleanup

Alex,
Very nice cleanup job.

I'd just like to jump in here about removing SMD caps with minimal chance of pad damage.

Every technician has his own favorite method of removing SMD capacitors.

My favorite method is to grip the capacitor from above with a pair of pliers, push DOWN, and simultaneously firmly twist the capacitor in the horizontal plane, about 120-180°.

NEVER pull the capacitor in an upwards direction.

The correct horizontal twisting action will break the capacitor leads at their weak point, and the capacitor will separate from the PCB.

If this method is done correctly, it will never cause damage to the solder pads on the PCB.