Re: TDS 3014 TDS 3000 scope Strange display "System Error " report, on BootUp, ... with no effect on scope function: repair of, or Clearing / Reset this Error Log ?

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 07:34 PM, garp66 wrote:

1) there might be a Boot up RAM or NVram battery (in the display section) that
has gone south, providing faulty parameters ?

-- Any replacement Nvram battery possible, wherever that is ? ?
There is a DALLAS DS1742W-150 Timekeeping RAM that might or might not be the problem.
Some time ago I had a TDS 3014B that got stuck on the flash screen. Fortunately I had
a scrapped main board from another TDS 3000 and as last resort before scrapping it I
took the DALLAS chip from the scrapped board and installed in the scope. Much to my
surprise it solved the problem so it could be worth replacing yours.

Another thing to watch out for is the F/W version. There was one version that
could mess up the NVRAM quite good due to some memory address issues. It was v3.12.

/HÃ¥kan