THS720 to THS720A/THS720P Upgrade...

maxim.vlasov@...

Dear forum members!

I have THS720 and just wonder whether by a "not so simple" FW change THS720 could be upgraded to THS720A or THS720P? The functional difference is in having for later models the external trigger input. I wonder whether someone already tried anything like that? HW seem to be almost the same between A and not-A models.
Also it's known that the flash IC in question contains the calibration data too. It's a 680x0 (683xx) based machine. It would be interesting to check whether there is a some sort of ISP function built-in into the FW. I don't believe that Tek service guys had to unsolder anything to re-program the new version of the FW.

Thank you!

Maxim