Re: Tek 2467B

Robert Calk Jr.

Thanks guys,

First I would like to apologize to rpoz28cam. I did not mean to hijack your thread. I didn't realize that my comment would turn into such a discussion.

Maybe I will be ok because the ESR of the primary filter caps are great. They are just a little out of capacitance and seem to be trying to open up around the leads. I will try to upload some photos but this will be my first attempt since I am new to the group. The Marcon e-caps still look beautiful. But there are a couple of the plain jane looking e-caps that are starting to bulge a tad on top, so I thought it best to replace all of them with probably Nichicon caps, except maybe for the Marcon's. I don't see any leakage anywhere.

Before I opened the scope this time, I went to the Service Manual and did the CRT calibration tests. The scope was spot on in every test so much so that I thought I was doing something wrong. So I redid the tests and it was spot on again.

The boards in this scope look pristine. A couple of years ago when I opened it up the first time to change the memory back-up battery, I could not find one speck of dust anywhere or any evidence that anyone had ever opened the scope up before. The scope looked like it came from a Museum. Of course I only had to pull the one board and it wasn't that big of a deal.

I don't think that there was much of a ripple problem. So I'll change all the caps and put the scope back together and see what the calibration looks like. I think it will be just fine.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all of the help and info that you have all provided. Thanks!

Robert