Re: Tek 2467B

Michael A. Terrell

Chuck said that the Sample & Hold capacitor could affect calibration, not electrolytics.

Michael A. Terrell

From: "Robert Calk Jr." <@RobertC>
Sent: Oct 14, 2018 10:35 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek 2467B

Hi Dennis,

I was hoping that I misread it... I'm just a hobbyist. If yall can't find a workaround, then I'm not even going to try. But the caps have to be replaced. I guess I'll just have to buy the equipment and learn how to calibrate my scope myself, or use it for target practice and chalk it up as a loss. It seems like the scope could make allowances or self correct about something as simple as changing a few caps.

I guess I should not have listened to Dave and just went digital from the beginning. I don't understand why changing a few caps would mess up the calibration - it doesn't make any sense to me. But I don't know much about working on scopes.