Re: 468 horizontal jitter

skv1958@...

Hi, I am a new comer in the forum with little experience, but I have tried fixing various problems my old 465B had. It's channel 1 had jitter, the trace vertically changing position at random, by about half a division, with or without signal being applied. I could see edges of the rise or fall and the edges we're fast. I suspected a semiconductor device initially, but finally I traced the problem to vertical centering pot on vertical preamplifier board, a Bourns 3352. Replacing the pot cured the problem. In fact almost all other problems of the scope were traced to failed or failing pots of same family. I have replaced 11 pots so far, and 6 more are suspected on trigger generator board. Surprisingly, other brand pots are all fine. Do look around for failing pots. May be this is of some help for your problem.

Shailendra