PG 506 IS IT NECESSARY FOR CALIBRATING?

Jim Olson <v_12eng@...>

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Jim Olson <v_12eng@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Date: October 11, 2018 at 3:54 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] PG 506 IS IT NECESSARY FOR CALIBRATING?

This is for the folks here that are a lot more knowledgeable and experienced than me with these 4xx series scopes with the testing and calibrating of them. I have a number of the TM series plugins plus case for them that I got really lucky and got for a great deal. Here's a list of the modules: DM501, DM502A, PG501, PG502, PS503A, FG504, Type 187 Time mark Generator, Type 191 Signal Generator and a CT3, need to get the BNC adapters for it I see there two types one straight through and one with a 50ohm terminator should i get both? I still need the 50ohm terminators and coax cables. I have 100' of RG58U just need to pick up some cable connectors for it.
I also have a good 2215 scope with a P6208 probe.
So my question is do I need the PG506 to really calibrate the scopes and also should i get a SG503 to get the higher Mhz output?
Once i get the 466 together I will really need to calibrate it so do i have enough cal instruments? and I will be asking for much help too!

Jim O