Re: 2445A calibration

Chuck Harris

Strictly speaking, a square wave that goes from zero to
some voltage is not DC. The term "wave" should be a clue
to that.

It is an AC signal with a DC offset.

I don't remember, did I call it AC? I don't think I would
have done that, being the pedant that I am.

-Chuck Harris

Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 12:54 AM, Chuck Harris wrote:
Chuck,
Re.

No, DC puts out a DC voltage, Square wave puts out a selectable
frequency square wave signal.
In daily speak, we often use "AC" for any non-steady signal level but that is only true if the signal changes polarity at times. Strictly speaking, a non-steady voltage/current between 0 and another level of the same polarity *is* DC. I almost got confused by this (as well)...

Raymond