Re: troubleshooting Tek453 Mod 210H

Brendan

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 08:55 AM, chuck wrote:

just bought a 453 and of course there are problems. The trace is fat! Using the 1Khz internal signal when I put it on either channel the trace is out of focus and really hi intensity. The focus knob works to an extent but the intensity knob does nothing.

Fabio,
Just thought of something.
So far I have yet to see a tube. Have only lifted the Z amp so far but
everything is Xstrs.
There will be two rectifier tubes inside the HV box unless someone has made mods, and if you have a below 20,000 serial # the other "tubes" will be nuvistors. The A version has a larger screen than the non-A version. I have 2 non-A 453s one nuvistor and the other is all transistor minus rectifier tubes, both have a screen size of 3 1/2 inches wide by 2 1/4 tall.