Re: 2465B SN 55xxx with TEST 05 FAIL 40

tekscopegroup@...

Right you are, only 4 SMD problem caps total. I need to have the board in front of me for facts to start falling in place. Definitively will carefully chop apart the caps before attempting removal. I did not intend to disturb any tantalums, unless really necessary. I've also read that the 20K trimmer pot near the DAC sometimes gets also damaged and needs to be replaced before the ref voltages are correct again. Maybe just order it too along the caps, just in case.

Your cleaning procedure makes a lot of sense, something I've not seen explained in detail anywhere else. Usually one would cringe at the idea of splashing water on a board like this, but now I am reassured it will be the best thing to do, even if corrosion damage appears to be light (due to fumes spreading on all nearby surfaces) its worth doing it right.

Do you by any chance know what Option 46 would be for this scope? Its the only field on the rear panel that has a punched hole in it.

Thanks.