Re: TDS3032 Loosing its GPIB Address

David Kuhn

Sorry, I just saw your reply; thank you!

It does not keep the date correctly, but it doesn't not exactly loose it
100% either. It seems to loose about 12 hours per day, or perhaps, the RTC
is not working unless it is powered on.

As far as firmware, I doubt it it is up to date. I don't want to break
what is not broken by updating the firmware and have the update fail half
way through. I don't think it's an issue, because the scope just started
this and I have been using this scope for about 10 months now. I should
update the firmware, at some point, when I buy the backup to this scope. I
do have fresh (as fresh as can be since they haven't been made since about
2012) floppies and several USB-Floppy drives (pure data security; no one
can read them anymore -LOL) that I can use to make the firmware update
disks.

Question: Can the firmware be updated through the GPIB? The only way I
know is through the floppy drive.

Please tell me that Dallas DRAM (grrrr) is socketed and not soldered to the
PCB?

I think I can get Dallas DRAMS from China, but I imagine they are just as
old NOS with dying batteries in them? Can you kindly confirm the I.C. part
number?

Thanks very much, again, for your reply an knowledge!

Dave

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 2:39 PM zenith5106 <hahi@...> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 04:43 PM, David Kuhn wrote:

Is there a lithium battery in the scope or in the I/O Module (I have the
I/O module with VGA, RS232 and GPIB).
There's no memory in the module but there is a DALLAS DS1742W-150
Timekeeping RAM
on the main board in the scope.

Does your scope have the latest firmware ?
Is the date & time clock working as expected ?

/HÃ¥kan