Tek 466 analog storage

Paul B.

Hi all,

I'm really not very familiar at all with these exotic beasts. I'm powering up a 466 (early version) slowly from a variac (they used a linear supply on these) and at about one-half mains voltage I'm seeing a green glow on the screen and that's all. I would guess by time I get to full mains this glow is going to be *extremely* bright and that can't be right (the intensity control doesn't make any difference, btw). What should I expect to see when powering up a 466? It's been laying around for many years without being powered up at all. I'm not giving it any input at this stage for obvs reasons; just want to check it's not a junker before spending money on it.

cheers.