Re: TekScopes Policy Regarding Contacting Members Off-List

EJP

After various private exchanges, it seems I am describing the way it should work, rather than the way it does work. In a properly implemented system of this kind, the emails should come as 'from groups.io on behalf of Esmond Pitt' without my own email address being visible. See for example eBay grrr.

This is a matter not for group members to address via a policy, but for groups.io to implement via their mechanisms, with some urgency. It's not hard. They are leaking confidential information all over the place, including with this post

EJP