Re: 7A29 attenuator fault corrosion issue

glkinst@...

Adrian,
I was able to restore one and now two of my 7A29 units following your procedure! It is definitely a ground contact issue between the resistors and aluminum block. One more to go. It is indeed a tedious and a delicate operation. As you mentioned, it is really important to remove the SMA connectors first before removing of the bottom plastic plate that has the gold-plated fingers and tabs. The tabs fit in the slot on the SMA connector. Re-assembly requires patience, don't force for it or you will damage the connection.

Also, I found cracks on the plastic cams on the shaft. The cams are still secure, but I wonder if the cracks will cause problems at some point.

George