From: "Kevin Oconnor" <@KO3Y>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: 7/19/2018 8:25:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Looking at a broken 2440

The 2440 can be a real craps shoot. I had one on the shelf for many
years that was failing self tests so bad that it would never boot to
even crippled functionality. One of the failures, as I recall, was one
of the custom ADC chips. Since I already had a 500mhz HP 54503A & a
Tek485, I sold the 2440 off as a parts mule.
I remember opening it several times trying to muster the energy to fix
it. I remain to this day amazed at the quantity of thru hole ICs on all
4 sides ! Hats off to those who are willing to work on these scopes!

Sent from kjo iPhone

---
https://www.avg.com