Re: Looking at a broken 2440

Kevin Oconnor

The 2440 can be a real craps shoot. I had one on the shelf for many years that was failing self tests so bad that it would never boot to even crippled functionality. One of the failures, as I recall, was one of the custom ADC chips. Since I already had a 500mhz HP 54503A & a Tek485, I sold the 2440 off as a parts mule.
I remember opening it several times trying to muster the energy to fix it. I remain to this day amazed at the quantity of thru hole ICs on all 4 sides ! Hats off to those who are willing to work on these scopes!

Sent from kjo iPhone