Re: Looking at a broken 2440

Jeff Woolsey

On 7/19/18 1:06 PM, lop pol via Groups.Io wrote:
I'm looking at a 2440 that won't power on for $85. Worth it or not? What is the likelihood of just power supply issues and no IC problems?
Thanks fellas
I'd say that could be likely.  I bought a 2440 at a flea market for
more, and it was stone dead when I got it home.  With the help of people
on this list, I got it running.  The archives should contain the saga.
It has some small nits that I live with.  I bought a second one with a
self-test failure to use as a parts mule, but the fix for that failure
was trivial...  It's my go-to scope now.

--
Jeff Woolsey {{woolsey,jlw}@jlw,first.last@{gmail,jlw}}.com
Nature abhors straight antennas, clean lenses, and empty storage.