Re: OT: Scopes and other electronics on "The Outer Limits"

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:11:14 -0700, you wrote:

Too much Tektronix and I will start seeing them everywhere. like TVs, when I saw a TV on TV I would say "that's about a five year old Zenith", they had one on Bewitched.
The recent series Chance with Hugh Laurie had a Tektronix 465M or 465
variant in the back room of the antique furniture shop for some
reason.

It was a good series, but unlike most things that got resurrected, I think the 1990s series was better. I think the writing was better than any Star Trek, certain episodes anyway. They also had more of a budget, the documentary on the original said their budget was about a shoestring. Neither series wasted alot of money on special effects, which seems to be common these days. I mean they are just about to the point where they don't need actors. I shit you not, look at some of the video games these days.
They were using stories from actual science fiction writers. Larry
Niven wrote Inconsistent Moon which was episode 12 of season 2.