Re: 2215 avoiding future CRT damage

John Kolb

On 7/6/2018 12:25 PM, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

Plus, if I turn the var hold-off to the min, brightness comes back to normal, the trace becomes perfectly visible, no effort needed whatsoever.
I will admit I don't really master the var hold-off feature, I am not sure I get why it impacts the brightness level.. but obviously it does. Will need to do some reading and experimenting ! ^^
The hold-off circuit introduces a delay between one sweep cycle and the next. Thus the longer the delay, the less often the sweeps occur, which affects the brightness. If the trace is bright with minimum hold-off, you should be in good shape.

If the trace goes dim with just a little hold-off, particularly at slow sweep rates, there may be a problem in the hold-off circuit.

John