Re: TDS5xx upgrades/mods

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 12:37 pm, Miles Paulson wrote:

I just purchased a TDS520 non letter scope. I am still waiting for it to be
delivered, and I will need to recap it as it has a few errors. But, I have
been looking without much success for any upgrades or mods for the non letter
scopes. I have been wondering if it is possible to upgrade the 520 to a 540
without much fuss. Also, I am wondering if it's possible to add a VGA out like
the letter scopes?

Thanks
TDS520 and TDS540 share most of the hardware so it can be done but probably
with more fuss than you want. Since the Acq boards are totally different you will need
such a board from a TDS540, TDS540A or TDS544A. You must also be able to load
TDS540 firmware and then perform a complete Adjustments procedure which takes
hours and require calibration instruments like a DC calibrator and a leveled 500 MHz
signal generator. Adding a couple of BNC connectors on the rear panel has to done
if you want it to be like a TDS540.
As far as I remember there is no VGA connector on the CPU/Display board.
/HÃ¥kan