Re: TDS 380 won't trigger

Gary Appel

Thanks Siggi,

I wrote that e-mail just before I turned off the computer last night. I should have added information about error messages.

On power-up I get the following messages:

Pass -- Powerup Checks
Fail++Cal Initialization

Diagnostics gives me the following messages:

Acquisition: Fail
Calibration: Fail
CPU: Pass
Display: Pass
Front Panel: Pass

The Error Log has the following failures, consistently:

DiagAcd_acqMemData
DiagAcd_acqMinPat
DiagAcd_acqMemAddr
DiagAcd_tbcDataRdback
DiagAcd_fastFisoAddr
DiagAcd_fisoShortPipe
DiagAcd_fisoCell
DiagAcd_peakDetectAcq

I don't see anything referring to a checksum or NVRAM failure.

Looking at the acquisition board, the only electrolytic caps I see appear to be at the analog inputs.

This is the first time I've opened this 'scope up, and I'm amazed - it's mostly empty space! Even the CRT is tiny!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Gary Appel