TDS 380 won't trigger

Gary Appel

My TDS-380 quit triggering today, along with some other odd behavior. It appears to still collect data and display it - if I set the sweep slow enough to have the trace sweep across the screen, I can see a low frequency square wave. But with a 100 mV ptop input, the TDS-380 reads more like 65 mV ptop. My immediate suspicion, without looking any further, is that the Dallas chip has failed - accounting for the calibration error. Has anyone had experience with a failed Dallas chip? Might it cause the trigger to fail?

Thanks,

Gary Appel