Just might have. I was 627 and 654 blue. Remember Franco and occasionally caught some marine or sailors drunk on the beach. A shot in the head was the punishment. I was in Scotland when there was a fire in the brig of the tender (forget which one, maybe the Canopus)and we lost a few sailors). We had to fire up the reactor and haul ass away from the danger just in case. Fastest I ever saw the nucs move. Maybe 67?

While in Rota, one if our bombers accidentally dropped a “big”!weapon and it made world news. Don’t know dates. Of course google has no info in either event but it was talked about everywhere.

Interesting times.

On Jun 13, 2018, at 18:18, Joel R Kist <joel-kist@...> wrote:

Interesting: Our paths may have crossed ... Home was the GCM Blue so we went the same places. I was in Roto when Franco died my last deployment.

Thanks for the welcome brother -- Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Raymond Cote
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:35 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] NEW to the group

On Jun 13, 2018, at 13:02, Joel R Kist <joel-kist@...> wrote:

About (Hiroshima)-- I would not say everyone at least in the USA; most do not know who are presidents past of the USA !!

Hi, my name is Joel and I have been reading the group messages for some time now and enjoy them. I was a sonar technician (Submarines)in the US Navy sometime ago, very early (1970's). Now retired I am drawn back to playing with the "TRONS". It is easy to see there is a abundance of knowledge here. I look forward to being guided by the group on some projects.

Joel

Hi Joel. Welcome to the group from another bubble head. I was a SINS technician, navy center late 60’s early 70’s. Operated Rota Spain and Holy Lock Scotland. Interesting work, interesting times.
Ray
KD9CCZ

---
https://www.avg.com