Re: What removes sticker residue without hurting the blue paint?

Gary Robert Bosworth

I have used Ronsonol lighter fluid for the past 50 years. It is harmless
to nearly all surfaces.

Gary

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 7:10 PM Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF>
wrote:

A far too common problem I have no solution for yet:

What will remove sticker residue on Tek blue paint without harming the
paint
finish?

Stay away from GOOF OFF. Its active ingredient is XYLENE, which dissolves
paint very quickly. Don't ask me how I know :(

Isopropyl alcohol is very mild on most things but it does poorly against
the
sticker residue and often you have to rub the affected area to get the glue
to come off. The rubbing removes some blue paint and mars the finish so
that
is no good.

Would boiling water soften the sticker residue and leave the paint alone or
would it siften the paint as well.

Suggestions are welcome.

--
Gary Robert Bosworth