Re: 453 calibrator

Mike Merigliano

The signal is not shorted to ground -- it goes through a 2.19K resistor in series first, so there is no short. My Tek 453 has a calibrator signal, at specification. My ohmeter and voltmeter check measurements between/around Q1274, point BA, R1274, and point BB  match what is on the schematic.

Maybe I am missing something.

On 5/9/2018 10:19 AM, Jeff Urban wrote:
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 08:13 am, Mike Merigliano wrote:

There is no error here; BB is a ground point, and the emitter of Q1274 goes to
it via R1274 in series.
Then there can be no output at the calibrator terminal unless the whole thing floats and has a separately isolated power supply. The signal would forever be shorted to ground.