Re: How old?

ArtekManuals

Pete
If you had kept those tapes you would likely have a box full of brown dust today :-)
\-DC

On 5/9/2018 11:44 AM, Pete Lancashire wrote:

In fact looking back I used CS's database at times when I worked in
component engineering then I did corp's systems

Only if I had kept a few of those 9 track 1/2 inch tapes !!

-pete

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 8:01 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

If you search the group, there was a post by a former
tektronix line manager that explained why the numbers
cannot readily be used for estimating quantities of an
instrument made, or as indicators of age.

In brief, the number sequences made whole jumps when the
production line was restarted after a significant pause,
or a change in the design. The instruments made during
a production run, could be sold over multiple years if
they over built, or there could be multiple runs in a
year, if there was great demand.

About all that could be said is the production in a
group of instruments was monotonically increasing, and
that the production managers at one point had logs of
which groups were made on which dates, but they don't
appear to have been saved, as they weren't very important
long term.

-Chuck Harris

Brian Cockburn wrote:
Artekmedia, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "serial numbers
have nothing to do with time". Are serial numbers not monotonically
increasing? And I've always assumed that each model has its own serial
number sequence, rather than there being one Tek-wide serial number
sequence. Does anyone know definitively one way or the other?

--
Dave
Manuals@...