Re: OT : How About A Group For "Other" ?

tom jobe <tomjobe@...>

'Amen' on Jack's comments.
Who, where and how much?
tom jobe...

On 4/30/2018 4:36 PM, Jack Reynolds wrote:
Hello all and especially Dennis,
I do not really want to comment on the "Other Group", however your comments Dennis as shown below have reminded me of a pang of conscience which strikes me from time to time since the switch to groups.io. I do not believe it is related to eating spicy food! I remember reading for a while before the switch to groups.io that there were going to be some modest financial costs for the switch and for the maintenance of the groups.io group which would be dealt with after the switchover. After the switchover, I recall a flurry of messages where people were struggling to deal with communications within the "new" group. If there was some discussion as to how we as members could help to share the cost I must have overlooked it perhaps once again because of spicy food or maybe spirits consumption. Dennis, would you be so kind as to update us on the who, where and how much, etc.?
Thanks,
Jack Reynolds
However, we
chose them because in all other respects (including their reputation) they
were the very best we found. I do not think there is anyone better. Groups
would be a temporary solution at best. The real solution is indexing the album
archives.

If you wish to make a real contribution find us a better site with all the
features we use that can host a group our size. Most important, but it was
invisible to you, the staff at Groups.io did an incredible job on the
transition from Yahoo. This transition was something Michael and I were
dreading. It should have been a nightmare for us but they did everything and
we had to do virtually nothing.
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator