Re: Intermittent no trace / sweep.

vaclav_sal

OK. the board is out and the sweep assembly also out.
Here what IS A PROBLEM and I do not believe Tek would build something like this....
The delay sweep "wafers" are FRICTION operated !
The funky flywheel is PULLED in the switching wafers and just by friction turns the wafer assembly.
So - after 40 years plus this friction is nil!
There is a small retaining type washer on the INSIDE of the tube, not sure what it does. It would probably work better if anther retaining washer was mounted on the flywheel nipple - so when the knob is pulled it would press against the tube which turns the wafer assembly.
I did put some super glue just to build more material to increase the friction and it did help a little.