Re: 7603 Z-Axis board transistor Q1152 running a little too hot?

Al Holt

I tried swapping transistors between Q1152 and Q1132 without much change, the 'new' Q1152 runs just about as hot. I came up with a way to fit a TO-39 heatsink to Q1152 with interfering with nearby components. I'm using some surplus machined pin sockets to raise the case up enough for the heatsink to clear. The transistor's case is cooler, but I'm haven't given it much time to stabilize or tried it with the side panels attached. Here's a pix:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/46039/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

--Al