Re: 7904 Mainframe damaged

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 11:06 am, JJ wrote:

I was measuring a voltage on a leg of a bridge rectifier (110v) when there
was a snap - and I realized what I had done.
Don't sweat that, it is nothing. I interpolated two plugs in a 7603 hat dumped 130 volts on the 5 volt line. Of course it took out the horizontal preamp output IC, one of the most unobtanium things in it.

Luckily I had a parts donor handy, and much to my surprise I got it running again. Luckily when one thing shorts it protects the rest of the parts on the line :-)...usually.

When that thing fried and it was my fault it was worse than if I had run over somebody's dog or something.