Re: What calibration items to buy.

Kevin Oconnor

Hi Chuck, to you and others....
Let me address calibration from a different angle. I'm not so concerned about scope cal. I am concerned about DC meter cal. I have a number of 5.5 & 6.5 DMMs that are well beyond their last cal date. I have an Ectron 1100 thermocouple calibrator that is good to 1uv resolution at 100mv FS I think. Last cal was 1990.
I got a quote from Tek in Phoenix to cal the 1100 for $385. What that gets is before and after data on calibrating 1100 to Ectron specs withe certificates. Is it worth the money to know my D.C. Standard for the other meters is up to date?