Re: What calibration items to buy.

Hi Ralph,
Given that the accuracy of an oscilloscope isn't that great for voltages in particular, I'd have to say you are set up more closely than many folks out there. Most analogue oscilloscopes are 2% vertical. I wouldn't worry about your Y accuracy at all. That's for DC. If you can set up a sine wave to that accuracy you're laughing. Where you're lacking is the high frequency calibration. I use a Tek PG-506 and SG-504 with leveling head. My newer digital 'scope is probably more accurate (Agilent 54642D). If you can find a way to equate your AC signal to your DC reference, you'll be more accurate than you need to be for a 'scope.

I'd like to know from someone. Are the Tek mainframe type 'scopes more accurate? I mean the ones with plug in's like a 760x series for example.

-Chris