Removing 7633 can caps

Brendan

I "won" a 7633 from ebay today to use as a parts scope. My current 7633's power supply board is UGLY from my recap. I plan on totally redoing my scope. I want to start with recapping the new power supply and doing a really nice job this time. How do you guys remove those giant can caps? The first one I did I ended up having to cut the tabs and then remove them. Also is it possible to to remove the caps without removing the transformer? I removed it last time and that was part of my issue. I will have a hard time explaining to my wife why I need another 7633 if I mess this up.