AWG2040 Strange Connector?

Mlynch001

Edited

All:

I have recently acquired a TEKTRONIX AWG2040 with a strange connector on the side, where the disk drive would normally reside. I opened the case and this appears to be a factory installed item, but I cannot find reference to this in the service manual. Maybe I am overlooking this. It almost looks like a Mini-Centronix, except it uses screw retainers instead of spring loaded hook retainers. I am guessing this is an output for an external drive, since this was probably rack mounted and a floppy drive would not have been accessible. but I do not know what type of drive to connect. Anyone have any feedback about this?

Link to GOOGLE Drive Photo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6RdWEJXyUDc1UzOVI0QjkwbXgxT1BDa2dGS1ZxV0dmVWYw/view?usp=sharing

Thanks In advance,

Michael Lynch