Re: Capacitors Question?

Mlynch001

Chuck,
As I understand the issue, it is ALL capacitors in almost all equipment manufactured in late 80's to early 90's, I have seen video of destroyed boards in various types of equipment, including TEKTRONIX Scopes, with leaky SMD electrolytic caps. I was concerned enough that I took my machine apart and gave it a good going over. Regardless, the boards look great and solder joints in my machine are shiny, like chrome. They are really nice, with no sign of even the slightest corrosion. I looked them over with a Magnifying glass and a good strong light. This made me feel really good about the machine. Also the fact that this is a fairly late version of the TDS460A series, probably cannot hurt. I appreciate all the advice and guidance.